The Petzl Tango 8.5mm x 50m Rope. With a skinny diameter and light weight, the Tango 8.5mm rope by Petzl is an ideal rope to use for multi-pitch rock climbing. Rated as both a half and twin rope, the Tango 8.5mm is a versatile climbing rope that works well with a number of different belay devices. The Tango has an Ultrasonic Finish, meaning that the core and sheath have been bonded together through an ultrasonic process, to keep any ends from fraying and highly increasing the overall durability of the rope. The EverFlex treatment uses thermal technology to stabilise the core strands and ensures the rope has good grip and great handling qualities.
The handy middle marker helps the belayer to identify the centre of the rope for abseiling and lowering or to judge the length climbed on routes. The ClimbReady coil lets you use the rope straight from the store to the crag.
Overall the Petzl Tango 8.5mm rope is a super half and twin rope ideal for long multi-pitch routes that offers superb handling, great longevity and versatility.
- Rope specifically for multi-pitch climbing
- use as half or twin rope
- Greater longevity and ease of use:
- UltraSonic Finish: the core and the sheath are bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic Finish; gives greater durability and avoids frayed ends
- ClimbReady coil: specific coil makes the rope ready for use; helps the user avoid initial uncoiling mistakes and increases longevity
- More effective belaying:
- diameter facilitates the use of various belay devices
- Middle Mark: indicates the middle of the rope to facilitate maneuvers
- The Petzl Tango 8.5 climbing rope has been created by using a special thermal treatment which stabilizes the core strands and helps to improve the consistency of the rope. By using EverFlex treatment, the rope has improved consistency, good grip and more consistent handling over time
|Rope type||(CE EN 892, UIAA) - half rope, twin rope|
|Weight per meter||47 g|
|Percentage of sheath||39%|
|Number of factor 1,77 falls||10 (half rope), 28 (twin rope)|
|Static elongation||8.5 % (half rope), 7 % (twin rope)|
|Dynamic elongation||31 % (half rope), 30 % (twin rope)|
|Impact force||6.6 kN (half rope), 9.9 kN (twin rope)|