The FrSky Taranis X9D Plus Radio is the top of the line radio controller that is used by professional FPV Drone Racing pilots
When it comes to possibilities the Frsky TARANIS sets a new standard. FrSky is well known for their frequency hopping ACCST technology, that takes advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, resulting in excellent range and reliability, they now offer their first full transmitter system.
FrSky takes it one further with the Taranis Plus. How is the Plus different from the normal Taranis? The Plus retains everything the normal Taranis includes plus a higher quality, better contrast LCD display that is adjustable from blue to white, and haptic vibration feedback built in. This means you can be alerted silently or use the existing built in voice or alarm features. There is one item missing, the SWR check of the transmitter antenna is no longer available. You still get the great new sliders, the big low self-discharge battery, and all of the other great things you have come to expect from FrSky
The TARANIS mixes the power of the OPEN TX open-source software with an unbelievable ergonomic case with 8 programmable switches, two twist knobs and two easy to get to lateral 'slider' pots, and not to mention the ultra-smooth quad bearing gimbals.
The TARANIS utilizes Voice Alerts from an internal speaker, versus just an annoying beeper. For things like; audible countdown timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down warnings etc., Just about anything can be programmed, you can even use your own voice. The SD card slot offers unlimited memory options and a USB port for upgrades even a headphone jack.
One of the best features of the TARANIS is its full telemetry capability, as well as RSSI signal strength feedback, there are 3 different programmable failsafe modes and receiver lock, so no more crashes due to selecting the wrong model. If you have stock in other brand receivers or B&F’s, no worries the TARANIS has a JR style RF module slot, so you have the option of other brand modules such as the Orange DSM2/DSMX or Open LRS 433mhz module, or pop in another Frsky module to expand the transmitters capabilities even more with dual RF.
When you put it all together, between FrSky ACCST technology and the power of “OPEN TX” software and community, an ergonomic case with ultra-smooth ball bearing gimbals, a large backlit LCD, and new larger battery pack. You have versatility and power at an unprecedented value.
- 2.4 GHz operating frequency
- 16 channels (more when combined with external module)
- 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
- RSSI alarms (warns you of reception problems before it becomes an accident)
- 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
- Self-test of the transmitter antenna
- 60 Model memory (expandable via a SD card)
- Audio Speech outputs
- USB and SD card slot for unlimited memory, and firmware upgrades, sound editing.
- Long range system capable of up to 3 times the range of current systems
- Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
- State-of-the-art open source software (open TX)
- Super low latency for ultra-quick response (9ms)
- Large adjustable backlit LCD display with Adjustable Screen colors (White to Blue)
- Real-time flight data logging
- Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft)
- JR Style module bay for additional RF modules
- Processor: STM32 ARM Cortex M3 60MHz
- Haptic Vibration Feedback System
- Antenna Status Detection and Alters
- Audio Speech Outputs (values, alarms, settings, etc.)
- Smart Port Supported
|Model||Taranis X9D Plus|
|Stick Mode||Mode 2|
|Compatibility||FrSky X series,D series and V8-ll series receives (plus other receivers if an external module is used)|
|Operating Voltage Range||6-15 V (2S,3S LiPo batteries are acceptable)|
|Operating Current||270 mA maximum (both RF module and backlit are on)|
|Number of Channels||16 channels|
|Operating Temperature Range||-10 to 60℃|
- FrSky Taranis X9D Plus ACCST 2.4GHz Transmitter (Mode 2 version)
- 1x 6 Cell 2000mAh NiMH Transmitter Battery
- Radio battery wall charger (EU Plug)
- Neck Strap
- EVA Foam padded carrying case
1 customer reviews
Awesome Radio, Awesome serviceBy Peet September 29, 2016
I ordered this radio from Futurama as their price is the best in SA, placed my order on a Wednesday and received my radio the next morning. The service and price from these guys are just out of this world.
This is one of the best radios on the market. Every drone/quad racer insist in having one and its great if you flying planes or gliders too.