The popularity of our NexStar 114 models inspired us to go bigger! We are proud to introduce NexStar 130 SLT. The NexStar 130 SLT has 30% more light-gathering power than our 114mm telescope.
And the 130 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 130 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED, makes aligning a breeze.
View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130 SLT’s 5" primary mirror.
Because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use. Comes with 1.25 inch and 2 inch eyepiece adapters
Celestron's NexStar 130 SLT comes with a Computerised Goto Mount featuring an internal battery compartment for power cord free operation. The mount has precision motors that give it superb accuracy and smoothness when tracking objects in the sky. Included with the mount is the NexRemote hand control system with a database of over 4000 celestial objects. The SkyAlign feature allows you to automatically align the telescope by simply pushing a button. The telescope with locate any 3 bright objects in the sky and determine where it is, allowing you setup in a matter of minutes.
Astronomy has never been so easy!
Highly recommended for first telescope with outstanding performance.
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- High quality 130 mm reflector
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
|Name||Celestron NexStar 130 SLT|
|Telescopes Series||Celestron NexStar SLT Series|
|Lens Optical Coating||Standard|
|Focal Length||650 mm|
|Eyepiece 1||25mm (26x magnification)|
|Eyepiece 2||9mm (72x magnification)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||300x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.1|
|Resolution||1.06 Arc Seconds|
|Resolving Power||0.89 Arc Seconds|
|Star Diagonal||1.25 inch|
|Mount Type||Computerized GoTo Alt-Azimuth mount|
|Object Database||4000 Celestial Objects|
|Viewing capability||Moon, Planets (Rings of Saturn), Galaxies and Nebulas|
|Can use for Astrophotography||Yes|
|Power Supply||8x AA Batteries (Not included)|
|Weight||8.2 kg (18 lbs.)|
2 Year Warranty
Be the first to review this product