OptiMate 3 x 2, the all-in-one tool for 2 x 12V batteries care at home. Diagnoses, recovers, charges, tests and optimally maintains, automatically. The OptiMate 3 x 2 retains all easy-to-use characteristics of the over 2 million OptiMates produced since 1995, but is now lighter and more efficient than ever and it cares for 2 batteries simultaneously and independently. The OptiMate 3 x 2 recovers sulphated batteries and then tests after charging. The maintenance program delivers only what the battery needs, never overcharges, never undercharges.
- Safety check: OptiMate 3 must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 2V) to activate its output.
- Desulfation and recovery: if due to sulphation the battery’s resistance is abnormally high, a voltage of up to 20V is automatically applied to overcome this so as to recover very flat or neglected batteries until they are able to accept the normal charge program.
- Bulk charge: a constant current of 0.8A efficiently brings the battery close to full charge.
- Charge verification: Charge verification: as soon as the rising resistance causes the charge voltage to reach 14.3V, the voltage is limited at 13.6V for 30 minutes while the circuit monitors the actual voltage and the current absorbed by the battery. If within 30 minutes the automatic circuit judges that the achieved charge is less than optimal, the program reverts to bulk charge and the process repeats.
- Charge retention test: when the monitored parameters confirm that an optimal charge has been achieved, the first check for battery (and connected system) power leakage commences. Depending on the voltage retained during 30 minutes, an “OK” (green LED) or “not OK” (red LED test result is displayed. These 30 minute test periods repeat hourly until the OptiMate 3 is disconnected, so that the battery status indication is continually updated.
- Charge maintenance: during alternate 30 minute periods, at a float limit of 13.6V the battery is offered charge current (up to the maximum) it needs to sustain it against any small connected loads or power leakage and against natural self-discharge. OptiMate 3 can stay connected to the battery indefinitely, the battery will stay cool and safe. And optimally charged. Of course.
|CHARGING AMPS||0.8A (constant current, per bank)|
|USE||Indoor / Outdoor (lowest temperature: -4°F / -20°C).|
|SAVE||Low Volt Start of 2V + 2 step desulphation recovery.|
|IDEAL FOR||2 x STD, AGM & GEL 12V batteries from 3 – 50Ah.|
|INPUT||Global (100-240V 50-60Hz), high efficiency (CEC listed), fully sealed.|
|STYLE||Weatherproof case with wall mounts, with 6ft / 180cm AC supply lead and 2 x 6ft / 180cm charge lead ending in SAE connector. 2 x Weatherproof battery lead & 2 x standard battery clip set included.|